Sunday, February 25, 2018

My favorite simple vegan burritos

These vegan burritos are a favorite of mine and my daughter's! I have had many people ask me for the recipe I use so I figured this was the easiest way to share it. (Sorry I looked for a picture and found I do NOT have one!) I will take one and post it next time I make these!

Step 1: Make the Tomotillo Ranch Dressing
Mix in blender:
3-4 tomatillos
1 cup Just mayo (or other vegan mayo)
1/2 bunch cilantro (stems and all)
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 tsp dried dill
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 to 1 whole jalapeño sliced and seeded
Blend in blender and let sit in fridge.

Step 2: Make the Cilantro Lime Quinoa Rice
I use my rice cooker and just put everything in together
7 cups water
1 cup white rice
I cup brown rice
1 cup quinoa
1 can diced green chilies
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 to 3/4 bunch chopped cilantro
4 cloves garlic minced
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 onion chopped or 1/2 tsp onion powder
Cook in rice cooker

Step 3: Make the Beans and Corn Mixture
1 can drained (or 2 cups precooked) black beans
1 can drained (or 2 cups precooked) pinto beans
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp coriander
2 tsp taco seasoning
1 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
Heat together in sauce pan over medium-high heat then add 1 can (or 2 cups) drained sweet corn. Mix well.

Layer on tortilla: bean mixture, rice mixture and a handfull of leafy greens (spinach, romaine, or green leaf lettuce work great). Top with tomatillo ranch and close tortilla! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Instagram Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More