This is ME

Helping myself and others become stronger each day!

My journey started because I wanted to be healthy and live longer.

Now, it is more about LIVING!!!.

CHERISH YOURSELF

Find and LIKE Cherish Yourself on Facebook for uplifting posts.

YOU are stronger than you realize!

Through time, I have found that the only limitations we have are the ones we put on ourselves.

Live life by DESIGN... not by default.

I have found my purpose and passion! That is continuously learning and then teaching others how to become the best versions of themselves.!

Monday, November 24, 2014

Finding the Road to Health

Okay, I KNOW it has been far too long since my last post. I try to stay positive and uplifting, even through struggles, but it has been hard lately. So what do I do? I stopped writing here momentarily in hopes of things magically getting better, but as we know, things don't magically get better. We have to MAKE it happen.

SO now I am on a journey of getting to the root of my health and what I have been struggling with this year. And to show my starting point, I will take this time to talk about the not-so-uplfting things that I have been experiencing. I am not really fond of going to the doctor and discussing "possibilities" of what I "think" may be wrong with me. Frankly, it isn't THAT serious. It doesn't really effect my daily duties YET, and I thought it was something small that would pass. But here I am still experiencing the same symptoms after months of 'hoping' it would go away.


Here is a bit of what I have been feeling:
(this list is more for my own record so I can track my progress)

No energy. I get PLENTY of sleep each night, and yet I still have a hard time getting out of bed in the mornings.
Soreness. I find myself exhausted and sore even after minimal work. And after an actual workout, I almost can't walk for a day or two.
Heavy "brain fog". Sometimes I just can't think clearly, and I lost my train of thought. 
Forgetfulness.
Loss of focus. Literally. My eyes get lazy and I have to blink a few times to get things back into vision.
Lack of motivation. I was doing great on my weight loss journey, but lost my drive and ambition to continue.
Tenderness in my abdomen. This has been present for many many years, but I thought it was normal due to my birth defect gastoschisis. I have been in for this man years back, and it was discovered that I have built up scar tissue in my intestines and a few times it was so painful because the scar tissue was trapping some toxins causing a section of my intestine to become infected and inflamed (3x the normal size!).
Skin tenderness and irritation. Which I thought was shingles reoccurrence after being diagnosed with this for the first time back in 2008. I get small painful pimple/blister-like bumps on my face, scalp, neck and shoulders. They aren't pimples though, because they don't "pop" at all and is a different kind of soreness.
Pain in Jaw. The tenderness even goes deep into my jaw (moves from side to side) and temporarily affects my gum line, throat, and lately even my ear.
Achy Joints.
Trouble losing weight. This plateau seems endless. I am stuck and the scale just won't budge! Although I do understand that the scale doesn't necessarily determine progress, I KNOW that I shouldn't weight this much and so it is beyond frustrating.
Inconsistent Food Cravings. For not-so-healthy foods. Many times, sugar. Some are harder to control than others.
Moody.
Irritable.
Bloating.
Constipation.
Headaches.
Easily Annoyed.
Bad taste in mouth.
Irrational Anxiety.


So after thinking for so long that this behavior, and these symptoms were "normal" and "no big deal" (I hadn't actually made a list of them all), I heard from a friend about this book:





I am all for natural healing and searching for an alternative to modern medicine.



So after further reading, and piecing together all of these symptoms and troubles that I have been experiencing, I have decided to start with the cleanse that is outlined in this book. I will be tracking my progress here on this blog, and sharing what it is that I am doing and how it is (or isn't) helping me.



I don't claim to know it all, nor am I certified in anything health related. Which is why I choose to learn from the experience and expertise of others. I share my experience and opinion, and if you are reading this, I hope that you would do what is best for you, consult with your doctor, and don't take my approach as a diagnosis or cure for your own ailments. However, if you do decide to try this or have already done this, I would love to hear your experiences!

Happy Cleansing! CHEERS to HEALTH and WELLNESS!!!!

 

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What if no one cares?

ACCOUNTABILITY

It seems we need this to stick with something that we don't enjoy.

I have felt (countless times) that LACK of accountability. And what happens when I don't have anyone to hold me accountable? I fall. I fail. I make excuses. I quit. I slack. I don't measure up to any expectations, especially when NO expectations have been set. 

I often have a pity party inside my head! I frequently find myself saying, 
"Well, no one else cares if I fail. I have done it before, and NO ONE cared. Why does it matter what I look like, anyway? I am still a good {wife, mom, friend, sister, daughter} even if I don't fit into those goal jeans or hit my goal weight. 
WHY DOES IT MATTER?
NO ONE ELSE CARES? 
WHY SHOULD I?"

After time and time again of struggling through this mindset, this thought came to me just yesterday. I reversed the question and asked myself:
 "IF I DON'T CARE ABOUT MYSELF, 
WHY SHOULD ANYONE ELSE?"

This was a tough reality check. 
Why do I worry so much about what others think and try to please everyone else?
The person I should worry most about is myself. After all, I am the one who has to look at myself in the mirror. Am I proud or ashamed of the choices I have made? 

So where should the expectations come from? 

They should come from within. What is it YOU want and desire? And how bad do you want it?

Expect more from yourself. Not because you are not good enough RIGHT NOW, but because you are capable of SO MUCH MORE!!!! Much more than you ever give yourself credit for. 

Do it for YOU. And no one else. Because you are worth it. 


Don't get me wrong, this is NOT an easy task. 
We all need constant reminders.

Can you count yourself as your own accountability? Your level of commitment depends on your level of desire to grow and become better. 

But guess what? No matter how much you think no one else cares, there is always Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ that will care for you no matter what. They also want you to do your best and become your best. Challenge yourself. Improve your skills and mindset. We are here to learn and grow, NOT JUST SURVIVE.

It seems that through struggles, we are brought to our knees in humility and broken heart, which then draws us closer to God and we will then become spiritually stronger. 

We all have a purpose and a place in this life. There is no doubt in my mind that each one of us is unique and we each play an important part here on earth. 

This new favorite song of mine portrays JUST THAT!!!!!
Read the powerful words, then LISTEN to the song and FEEL of it's truthfulness <3

There are times when
you might feel aimless
and can't see the places 
where you belong.
but you will find that 
there is a purpose
it's been there within you all along
and when you're near it, 
you can almost hear it.

It's like a symphony
Just keep listening
and pretty soon you'll start 
to figure out your part.
Everyone plays a piece
And there are melodies
in each one of us.
It's Glorious!

And you will know how
to let it ring out
As you discover who you are
Others around you will start to wake up
To the sounds that are in their hearts
It's so amazing
What we're all creating.

It's like a symphony
Just keep listening
and pretty soon you'll start 
to figure out your part.
Everyone plays a piece
And there are melodies
in each one of us.
It's Glorious!


"Focus your energy on the things that really matter! There will always be distractions that will keep you from achieving your goals. Don't give in to them. How have you increased your skills, knowledge, abilities, or income in the past 90 days? Do you really expect to be successful, given how you are using the majority of your time, resources and skills?
Are you spending time with people who can enhance and enrich your life? What are you doing to take your life to the next level? Will your current efforts make the next 90 days even more successful than what you just experienced? Be honest with your assessment. Don't play games with yourself. Remember ~ if you don't have an agenda for your life...you will be a part of someone else's agenda. You have GREATNESS within you!" -Les Brown

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Latest struggle: Feeling ALONE

Have you ever felt ALONE? Surrounded by countless people, yet feel so alone? 
This past weekend held emotional highs and lows. And for some reason, I still wasn't over it by Monday..
Here is what I realized, and feel I have to share. Not only to overcome this feeling of loneliness, but to help others struggling with the same thing.
EVERYONE has their own demons they have to constantly battle. Nobody's struggles are "better" or "worse" than anyone else's.
And we all likely feel ALONE at some time or another. We feel that there is NO ONE who gets us or understands us completely. I feel I have passions, struggles, heartaches, worries, likes and dislikes, that no one can fully understand.
I was driving today and a thought came to me. The part in Harry Potter (yes, I am a HUGE HP fan) when Harry was feeling so alone and felt that he had to fight Voldemort all on his own. And Luna Lovegood told Harry that THAT is exactly how "you-know-who" wants him to feel.
ALONE.
Because the ONLY way you-know-who can defeat Harry is if he feels alone and helpless.
Harry Potter: Thanks. Seems you're about the only ones that do. 
Luna Lovegood: I don't think that's true. But I suppose that's how he wants you to feel. 
Harry Potter: What do you mean? 
Luna Lovegood: Well if I were You-Know-Who, I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else. Because if it's just you alone you're not as much of a threat. 
SOOOO it hit me again. THAT is how Satan wants us to feel. He wants us to feel ALONE because when we are alone, he is able to have more control over us, our thoughts, and our actions (or lack thereof), and we feel defeated and helpless. Satan is HAPPY when I feel alone, sad, distressed and not productive. He wants me to feel like I have NO ONE because then I get down on myself and have an emotional pity party and don't feel like doing anything. 

When I feel lonely and alone, I am less in tune with the Spirit and I am unproductive and negative toward myself. I feel defeated. Just like Satan wants me to feel. Because that way, I am not as much of a threat.

It seems I need reminded of all the love and support I have.
  My Heavenly Father Jesus Christ  My FAMILY  My FRIENDS  My fellow coaches  My church and countless other acquaintances that are cheering me on.
THEY want me to succeed and that means more than anything. 
THIS is what gives me HOPE again.
Because with SUPPORT and LOVE, we are STRONG and cannot be defeated!

And YOU WERE MEANT TO SHINE......


My husband could tell I was distressed and an emotional wreck, so he brought me home my favorite flowers <3

How can I  I am alone, with so many people that love and support me?

It is tough to see the positive in a situation where you feel like all hope is gone, but I am here to tell you that hope is never completely diminished. It may be lost, but it IS POSSIBLE to find it again.

Maybe you don't have someone bringing you flowers, but you have one person who is always on your side cheering you on. 

This video HERE  is an AMAZING and POWERFUL testament to me. I felt the SPIRIT so strongly telling me of it's truthfulness! Watch the entire thing or start at 15:30 and hear the BEST part!!!!! YOU ARE LOVED

Never forget that.

"Whether you are 8 or 108 there is one thing that I hope you truly understand and know:
YOU ARE LOVED. You are dear to your Heavenly parents. The infinite and eternal creator of light and life KNOWS YOU. He is mindful of you. Yes, God loves you this very day and always. He is not waiting to love you until you have overcome your weaknesses and bad habits. He loves you today with the full understanding of your struggles. He is aware that you reach up to him in heartfelt and hopeful prayer. He knows of the times you have held onto the fading light, and believed.
Even in the midst of growing darkness, He knows of your sufferings. He knows of your remorse for the times you feel you have fallen short or failed and still he loves you. And God knows of your successes, though they may seem small to you. He acknowledges and cherishes each one of them. He loves you for extending yourself to others. He loves you for reaching out and helping others bear their heavy burdens, even when you are struggling with your own. He knows everything about you.
He sees you clearly. He knows you as you REALLY are. And He loves you today and always.

Do you suppose it matters to our Heavenly Father whether your makeup, clothes, hair and nails are perfect? Do you think your value to him changes based on how many followers you have on IG or Pinterest? Do you think he wants you to worry or get depressed if someone unfriends you or unfollows you on facebook or twitter? Do you think outward attractiveness, your dress size or popularity make the slightest difference in your worth to the one who created the universe? 
He loves you for not only who you are this very day, but also for the person of glory and light, you have the potential and the desire to become. More than you could ever imagine, he wants you to achieve your destiny, to return to your heavenly home in honor."

---Dieter F Uchtdorf
General Women's Broadcast October 2014

YOU ARE NEVER ALONE.

YOU WERE MEADE FOR DIVINE PURPOSES and HAVE A DIVINE DESTINY.



If you feel you need someone to talk to, contact me. I want to hear from you.


Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Shopping list for the 21 Day Fix

Shopping List for the 21 Day Fix

You should always go to the grocery store with a list of foods to buy – otherwise, you will find yourself in aisles you don’t belong, looking at foods you don't need, and then spending more than planned! (sound familiar?)
Having a PLAN and will make a HUGE difference and it really is the best way to stay on track with healthy eating and save money!
For the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan, you should be thriving on whole foods. This means the majority of your grocery shopping will be done around the outer perimeter of the grocery store, which is always where all the good stuff is displayed.
I use this grocery list for the 21 Day Fix by printing it out and making a note in the margins of how many servings of each container I needed for the week. Check off each item as you add them the cart.

If you are looking to buy the 21-day Fix program with workouts and color-coded containers, you can CLICK HERE to buy it from the company with a full money-back guarantee and warranty on all DVDs

IF YOU NEED HELP OR SUPPORT, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME cherishsaurey@gmail.com



Thursday, September 25, 2014

Inspire others while becoming your best self!

{Beachbody Coaching}
INSPIRING OTHERS AS YOU BECOME YOUR BEST SELF!

Becoming a Beachbody coach is a very important decision,
and when taken seriously, it can change your life!

It has changed mine in countless ways.

AND YES, it IS a legit business opportunity!

Not as a salesperson, but as a service-giver, friend, helper,
enabler of dreams, listener, problem-solver, mentor, health
advocate, goal-seeker, and much much more!

I became a coach initially to get the discount on Shakeology, the healthiest most nutrient-dense
super food shake. I began losing weight and feeling the best I had felt in YEARS! This new-found
excitement for life and personal progress was exciting and so it came natural to share with others
what I was doing to improve my health and my life. 

People needed my help. They saw my progress and wanted
little ol' me to help them get results of their own. As I continued
to share my desire to be healthy and fit, others came to me as
they were ready to start their own journey, and because I was a
Beachbody coach, I had the tools to help them reach their goals.
It became obvious that the more I improved my own life, the more
I was able to guide others. EVERYONE WINS!

I want you to understand that as you improve your own life, you inspire
others whether you are aware of it or not. The ripple effect that you have
on others would likely surprise you! And what better motivation than to know that the more people you help,
the better your business becomes! You can flourish in so many ways, and your income will grow alongside
the impact that you have on the lives of others. You choose how much effort you want to put into helping
others and you can make anywhere from a part-time to a full-time income. 
All while working from home--or anywhere you choose.

When I signed up, I actually had no clue what the potential for income was. I never thought that I could
possibly become CEO of my own business and make enough money to actually make a significant
difference in my family's income. I was wrong.

I learned that the more I committed to helping others, the more my
income was growing. I was becoming a leader and learning new
things to improve my skills and mindset. My attitude toward life was
changing for the better and I realized I had DREAMS for my life that
I had almost given up on. Dreams that seemed almost impossible
before were coming TRUE! Matching my husband's full-time income and
Beachbody even paid for our family vacation to Walt Disney World,
and another cruise vacation for my husband and I! Best "business trip" ever! 

I am humbled to know that just because I decided to take action on improving my own life, I can now SHARE 
what I LOVE, and HELP OTHERS change their lives physically, emotionally, spiritually, and financially,
I am able to be at home with my 3 children while making a significant income. 

The best part? It's continues to GROW. The potential is limitless and my efforts are duplicated as
I help more people. Another BONUS? Beachbody GIVES us customers! Yes, those people that see an INSANITY,
P90X, Body Beast, PiYO, 21 day FIX (etc...) infomercials and order online, are given free coaches to help them.
I actually have over 500 customer leads from Beachbody, and I get commissions when they order a
Beachbody product!

Yes, it has taken time to grow, effort to improve myself physically and mentally, and persistence in striving
for small measurable goals, but being able to do something I am PROUD of and that I LOVE and am
PASSIONATE about each day, on my own schedule and in the
comfort of my OWN HOME.....It's indescribable and priceless.

The excitement grows each time we have a new coach join our
team! There is something so powerful about seeing others take
the initiative to get their life and health on the right track and commit
to improving themselves each day, and then paying it forward to
inspire and help others.



If this sounds like something 
that you would like to talk 
more about, feel free to leave 
your contact info below in 
the application and we can 
schedule a time to talk. 






Fill out the application below to be considered for my upcoming coach training

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Saturday, September 13, 2014

In becoming resilient to shame


Reading in my book about being resilient to shame.....

"SHAME IS THAT WARM FEELING THAT WASHES OVER US, MAKING US FEEL FLAWED, AND NEVER GOOD ENOUGH."

Makes me realize how much shame I have. 

If you think I am on this health journey for vanity reasons, I will straight up say it....
YOU ARE WRONG. Because no matter how much weight I lose or how "toned" I get, I will never have what society thinks is "the perfect body". That's not WHY I workout and eat healthy. I just want to LIVE life and be healthy, and help others do the same!

Sharing this pic is completely out of my comfort zone, and to tell you the truth, I have NEVER EVER shared a forward-facing before and after photo. Heck, I don't even show my scar in person to family, friends, or acquaintances. The stretch marks from having 3 children doesn't make it ANY better either. But I ALWAYS hide it. WHY?

Because of shame.

I have been ashamed of this scar my ENTIRE LIFE. I have let it define, me, embarrass me, make me feel less than human, make me feel not good enough, and so many other destructive emotions that I can't describe.

For as long as I can remember.

But I am done with the shame, because it doesn't have power over me.

In this book I also read, "THE LESS WE TALK ABOUT SHAME, THE MORE CONTROL IT HAS OVER OUR LIVES"

but even more powerful:
"SHAME NEEDS 3 THINGS TO GROW OUT OF CONTROL IN OUR LIVES; SECRECY, SILENCE, AND JUDGEMENT. WHEN SOMETHING SHAMING HAPPENS AND WE KEEP IT LOCKED UP, IT FESTERS AND GROWS. IT CONSUMES US. WE NEED TO SHARE OUR EXPERIENCE.

SHAME HAPPENS BETWEEN PEOPLE, AND IT HEALS BETWEEN PEOPLE. IF WE CAN FIND SOMEONE WHO HAS EARNED THE RIGHT TO HEAR OUR STORY, WE NEED TO TELL IT.

SHAME LOSES POWER WHEN IT IS SPOKEN.

IN THIS WAY, WE NEED TO CULTIVATE OUR STORY TO LET GO OF SHAME, AND WE NEED TO DEVELOP SHAME RESILIENCE IN ORDER TO CULTIVATE OUR STORY."

That, my friends, is WHY I am sharing this. So I can let go of my shame and MOVE the freak ON.  I am not even sure this will impact anyone else other than me. I have so many supportive friends here, so that is why I am taking the initiative to determine that YOU are have earned the right to hear my story, and I only hope I can earn the right to hear yours. 

Oh, and this isn't the end of my story either.

If this impacted you at all, don't hesitate to like, comment or share. I am serious. SHARE away and maybe this will help someone out there that is suffering silently in shame  I understand

#gastroschisis #survivor #noshame #cherishyourself #movementofHOPE



Add me on facebook if you need to talk




Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What is the 21 day FIX?

What is the 21 day FIX?
The 21 day fix is unique because it simplifies the nutrition plan with color coded portion-control containers and 30-minute workouts that can be done in the comfort of your own home! 
It is something that ANYONE can do and there is no weighing food or counting calories, carbs, or points

Since it is known that the majority of results come from NUTRITION, people are seeing results with this program faster than ever! Although the name suggests it may be a "quick fix", it is not that. Learning from what this program teaches and applying it to a healthy lifestyle, it can and WILL actually become a long-term lifestyle change!

This home program will teach you: 
What to eat
How to portion your meals and get enough of each food group each day
How to simplify healthy eating
How to incorporate a short, yet effective workout into your daily schedule
How to stick with a short-term program for lasting results! 
(YOU CAN DO ANYTHING FOR 21 DAYS!)
It even comes with its own color-coded containers and easy to follow guide so you can stick with your proper portions and not under eat or over eat.
The variety guided workouts on DVD that are easy to follow and only 30 minutes long! There is also a workout calendar that tells you what workouts to do each day, so it is a SIMPLE plan that when followed, you will get results and FEEL a difference in just 3 weeks!!
How does it work?
• The Eating Plan shows you how to use the portion-control containers
• Simply put your choice of food in the color-coded container—if it fits, you can eat it!
• Do one 30-minute workout per day according to the Fitness Guide
• Follow the simple plan, and you can lose up to 15 pounds in 21 days
What's included?
• 7 color-coded portion-control containers
• Shakeology® shaker cup
• 6 easy-to-follow 30-minute workouts
• 21 Day Fix Start Here quickstart guide and workout calendar
• 21 Day Fix Eating Plan that shows you exactly what to do
• 3 Day Quick Fix Guide, Autumn's secret weapon for fast weight loss
• Dirty 30 bonus workout
• Exclusive! FREE bonus workout—Plyo Fix (a $19.95 value)—when you order through me

AND when you order the challenge PACK, you get a 30-serving bag of Shakeology that will make meal planning even easier because you can replace one meal a day with
this super food nutrition shake!
When bought together in the pack, you save over $50 compared to purchasing them separately!
ORDER the pack HERE

or click HERE to order just the program (DVD/nutrition guide and color coded set of containers)

Here is a local friend of mine that stuck with this program for 6 months and hit his 100 pounds weight loss mark!!!! How exciting is THAT?!?!?!

21 days is a short term goal and easier to stick with to create those lasting habits that will lead to lifelong health! You can do as many rounds as you want to get the results you need!

You can order this program with or without the nutrition supplement Shakeology.
That is for you to decide, but I KNOW that Shakeology has helped me tremendously with satisfying cravings, having more energy and mental clarity, refueling my body so I am not as sore after a workout, and so much more!

When purchasing the PACK that includes the program AND a month of SHAKEOLOGY, you save over $70 than if you were to purchase these items separately!

What is Shakeology?

I am starting a 21 day online accountability group via facebook and would LOVE to have you join me! We will start on the first Monday of each month!!! 
Message me for details! cherishsaurey@gmail.com 

Looking forward to hearing from you!


Monday, September 8, 2014

You are worthy of love and greatness! TODAY!

Do you ever have those moments of feeling like a failure? Feeling like you aren't "good enough" for whatever reason? Then read further and take this to heart <3 

This month I am in an online book club and we are reading 
The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown

I had heard great things about this book from a few different people, and I KNOW that the description of the book is something I struggle with (Embracing who you are and learning to love yourself despite the doubts you have while trying to live up to who you think you are "supposed to be"). 
I knew it was time to read THIS book and I am already learning a lot :)

In the chapter we are discussing now, she talked about how we all create "worthiness prerequisites" for ourselves. We make ourselves believe that we re not worthy until....(such and such happens) or we are not good enough until (insert event or goal)..... 

>> I'll put myself out there and share a bit of my list of "worthiness prerequisites" that I have subconsciously placed upon myself, and in sharing, I just hope that this will help you think about YOURS. Because once you recognize them, you can learn to let them go.

> I'll be worthy when I reach my goal weight
> I'll be worthy when I am more outgoing
> I'll be worthy when I can control my bad eating habits 100%
> I'll be worthy when I have a new house that is completely finished and ALWAYS clean (geeez, maybe when I am 80 and my grand kids are all grown)
> I'll be worthy if everyone likes me
> I'll be worthy when I help at least 10 others lose over 20 pounds
> I'll be worthy when I'm making a certain amount of money
> I'll be worthy when when I am completely organized
>I'll be worthy if I have a flat stomach

These are things I tell myself without even realizing it.

The author says in the book >>>>

"Worthy now. Not if. Not when. We are worthy of love and belonging NOW. Right this minute. As is."

Isn't that RELIEVING? Worthy NOW. TODAY. No matter what.

So, whatever YOUR list is, just know that you are enough RIGHT NOW. AS IS. Wherever you are reading this from, you are worthy of love and belonging just as you are in this very moment this very day.


Don't wait to be GREAT. Be GREAT today because YOU are worthy of GREATNESS <3 


Saturday, September 6, 2014

Conscious eating

CONSCIOUS EATING
When you put food and drink in your mouth, do you eat with intent and purpose?
Conscious eating is about being AWARE of the foods you are consuming, and consume food with specific positive intentions. 

Perhaps you have noticed yourself mindlessly eating out of stress, boredom, fear, or for another reason. Or during a meal, you eat too fast without even really thinking about the food you are eating. 

With these habits already formed, it may be a challenge to transition into conscious eating. 
However, for your health, it is a challenge worth taking, and after a while you can create new lasting habits that will better serve you. 

  SOME REASONS TO CREATE CONSCIOUS EATING HABITS
Improve heath and well-being
Reduce stress
Lose weight
Save money
Food tastes better
Create a more pleasant eating experience
Learn to listen to the needs of your body
Recognize triggers and the meanings behind your body's cravings
Recognize actual hunger and thirst
Have more respect for your body and the digestion process
Learn to control your appetite and stop eating when you are full
Create greater appreciation for your food and health


Now that you have an idea as to WHY you would want to create the habit of conscious eating, now we can talk about HOW.

First: DECIDE
Decide how you can benefit from it, and then decide to make it happen. 


Start with the food you already have. Take a look at what is in the fridge and in those cupboards. 
Eliminate the food that isn't serving your health. 
When creating our grocery list, carefully consider the importance of the foods there and 
whether or not they are WORTH consuming.

YOUR BODY is VALUABLE. Treat it as so, and it will last.

YOU CHOOSE WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH!

Simple as that. YOU are in control!

If you feel your eating habits are out of control, it's not too late to begin making small changes every day and reverse those habits that are not serving you or your health. 


Now lets say you have the healthy foods your body can thrive on. 
NEXT you COMMIT to pay more attention to your body, your hunger, your cravings, the habits you have that make you want to eat, habits of where you usually eat, the triggers that send you to the kitchen... etc. ALL DAY. BE AWARE of your actions and thoughts when it comes to food.

Put more thought into your meal planning and preparation. T
his doesn't necessarily mean more TIME, just more thought. Every meal should have a purpose. 

Try to find a sense of calm when you are preparing and eating your food.
Take three or four slow, deep breaths to center yourself before you take that first bite.
Take a moment to give thanks for the food you are about to eat. 
When eating, remember to SLOW DOWN! Try to make eating a pleasant experience. 

Remember, digestions begins in your mouth. Eat slowly, chew your food thoroughly, and pay attention to your food while you chew. Try putting your utensils down while you are chewing so you can focus on what is in your mouth rather than hurrying to get the next bite.

After you finish, pay attention to the way you FEEL. 
How does the food you just ate make you feel?  
This will be a way of determining what foods your body likes and what foods you may want to steer clear of in the future. 




Once these practices become habit, you will likely notice yourself  looking forward to meals and appreciating your food more. Conscious eating also relieves stress and will realign your own personal energy. Your body is worth every effort to move toward optimum health and well-being!



Tasty Greek Salad



                                        Greek Salad
Head of Romaine lettuce
1 medium cucumber 
(peeled, cut in half lengthwise, sliced)
1 medium tomato (cut lengthwise)
5-7 kalamata olives (pitted, sliced)

Combine and mix

Greek Salad Dressing
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tsp dried oregano
1 clove garlic (crushed)
2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt


Place all ingredients (oil, lemon juice, vinegars, garlic, mustard, seasonings,) in a small blender or food processor and cover to blend. Blend until smooth.
Refrigerate leftovers. The oil may solidify in the fridge, so let it sit at room temperature for about 30 min before next use. Shake or stir before using.

Optional: Top with baked chicken breast and/or toasted pine nuts


Monday, August 18, 2014

Accept your struggles and get out of your own way!

My BIGGEST struggle right now.....
BELIEVING IN MYSELF and allowing myself to believe that I deserve the very best in life. 

I have been focusing so much on my struggle with weight loss, and belief in myself to accomplish those goals, but I haven't really spoken much of my childhood and how the struggles I faced back then have really shaped my belief system and lack of self-confidence. 

It all stems from my childhood experiences and struggles growing up. Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT blaming anyone or anything for my struggles, I am just saying it is my experiences that have shaped my mindset and insecurities. 





Soooo FAIR WARNING---> ---> Read further ONLY if you care about learning more about me and a few of my childhood experiences. I don't expect this to interest everyone, but if I can help just one person by feeling like they can relate to me, then it will make it all worth it. So it begins:

I was born with gastroschisis.
A birth defect that hasn't caused many physical problems, but I do have a large scar in the center of my stomach that has kept me VERY self-conscious about ever showing my stomach. I was always SO embarrassed!

My parents divorced when I was 3.
My mom remarried and my step dad was an abusive alcoholic and I was made to feel like I didn't matter and that I was worthless. I grew up believing subconsciously that I was not pretty, not skinny enough, and not smart enough. My mom tried to get me to get straight A's in school, but I just didn't have the belief or drive to KNOW that I was worth that.
I always compared myself to others that were skinnier and prettier and always felt that I could NEVER ever measure up.

My mom tried to leave my abusive step dad. We suffered years and years of threats, visits from the police and restraining orders. As a young child I didn't understand the complexity of her trials, and I held it against her when he would come back. I hated him, I was always mad at her, I wondered what I did to deserve this and I always wondered WHY.... Why me?

Most of the abuse was verbal. It made me feel as if I was inadequate and never good enough. I loved my mom unconditionally, but I didn't really have a close-knit relationship with my mom. She never really opened up much to me. She always kept everything bottled up inside and seemed so sad and angry (and for good reason). I was so mad at her for leaving my dad.

The only constant trusting relationship I thrived for growing up was with my Grandma Haroldsen. I LOVED going to visit her because at some time I recognized that there was something different at her house. Something that my life lacked. I realized later that it was the Holy Spirit and the spirit of love and acceptance. I never felt judged by her.

I had a best friend growing up that was SO SWEET and I loved her like a sister, but she was easily influenced by other people, and we had another "friend" that would tell lies about me to her. Aaaaand of course, she seemed to believe the lies. So she would get mad at me so often. And instead of coming to me to talk about it, she wouldn't talk to me. Sometimes for days. And I had NO idea what I had done wrong or when she would "forgive" me. It made me feel horrible. Like I was a bad friend and never good enough. Although I was the kind of person that would never intentionally do anything to hurt someone else.

This led to a longing for a trusting consistent relationship. I was nerdy and shy and had never experienced what it was like to have a boy "like" me.

So in 8th grade when we moved and I had to attend a new school, I didn't know what to expect. I got contacts and learned a little more about makeup and fashion, and on the first day at my new school, I was taken off guard when I found out about two different guys that had a "crush" on me. SOOOO out of my comfort zone. And of course, I was flattered. I had my first kiss that year, and my first several "breakups" as well.

9th grade I was still trying to figure out true friendship and what it would take to "fit in". In trying to fit in, I tried alcohol for the first time at 14 years old and was raped by my friend's older brother (8 years older I might add, and he was the one who bought us alcohol). Too afraid of being judged by my mom, I never told her. I felt I had lost all hope and dignity, and lost even more self-confidence after that. I thought it was my fault and something I had done wrong, so I blamed myself.

I became angry at the world and the brick wall around my heart became even bigger. I was always sad and miserable inside. I felt numb and worthless. I felt like the world would be better off without me and that I was better off dead. I contemplated suicide MANY times. I cried alone in my room for hours upon end and often cried myself to sleep. I wanted to die, but very often felt this TUG in my heart that I was made for GREAT things and that this trial was only but a small moment. So I kept trudging forward.

I longed for a positive male role model in my life, and the only one I seemed to have was my real dad although he was never around. He was my hero, although I hardly even knew him at all.

I later found out that the reason my mom left my dad was because he had cheated on her when I was in the hospital after birth with my birth defect complications, and many times after that. She told me she tried to make it work, but he just wasn't faithful to her and me.

So my male hero growing up turned out to be not so heroic. Again I wondered if it was something I did wrong. Was I not good enough? I just wanted to have someone I could trust. Someone I could rely on and someone who would love me for me.

I became a part of choir and the swim team in high school and finally felt like I belonged. I was surrounded by fun energetic people and they accepted me for who I was. This really brought me out of my loneliness and I was finally a part of something that made me feel good  My confidence rose and I survived high school because of these positive influences in my life  I learned to let go of the hatred for my step dad, and learned true forgiveness, even when there is no "i'm sorry" involved.

When I met Steven Saurey, I saw such goodness in him. The positive heavily outweighed the negative, and although he had quite the past, I felt I had no right to judge because I wasn't sqeaky clean myself. I longed for that positive male role model and he loved me for me and was honest and faithful and I needed that. I could never thank him enough for being my true HERO!!!! 

For a long time after high school, I still yearned to be a part of something greater. Swim team and choir were over, yet I still have my whole life ahead of me. I wanted to be surrounded by people that were encouraging, uplifting, positive, and people that helped me not only become better, but people that loved me for ME! I was not completely whole until I found BEACHBODY.

I finally once again feel completely accepted and loved. Part of a FAMILY group that once you are a part of, you are ALWAYS a part of. Even if you fall away, these people don't ever stop caring for you  They always have your best interest at heart and they want you to become the best version of yourself. I am so thankful to have found this peace and happiness again!!!!

Yet, here I am still lacking complete belief in myself and the absolute self-confidence I need to be more outgoing. Sometimes people think I am snobbish or stuck-up because I don't talk as much as I should. I understand this is a mental thing, and I am working through it, but learning from my past experiences is CRUCIAL in helping me get over the limiting beliefs I have attained throughout my life.

PAIN makes you STRONGER. It helps you realize that you WILL survive hard things!
Tears make you Braver. Through them you come to understand that it is okay to be scared and it is okay to cry.
Heartbreak makes you wiser. It teaches you what you want more of and what you need to cut out of your life to make you happy.
APPRECIATE your past. Learn from it, and MOVE ON....

Then set some goals for the future and PROVE to yourself and the world that NOTHING can stop you!!!!! The only thing holding you back is yourself. So just get out of your own way and BE REMARKABLE!!!!




Monday, July 21, 2014

Giver of HOPE

My team and I are givers of HOPE!

Hope is something that so many seem to have lost  

Having FOUND it in my life, I feel it is something I cannot keep to myself! 

It has changed my outlook on life and has given me #strength through the trials and struggles that I have to go through.

When I was younger, I discovered God and was taught faith that reassured me that there was HOPE for something greater. I knew I had purpose and every struggle was for a reason. I was strong emotionally and spiritually, yet hope was not great when it came to making a living and creating financial freedom for my family.

Growing up, we struggled financially. My mom did well with the little means we did have, but I was taught how to be frugal and not waste. because we did not have much to waste.

I never saw the #potential within me to be financially free or make a great income. I had the mindset that money is a worldly thing and we don't need it to be happy.

I now have a family of my own, a husband that works very hard away from the home, and we were still struggling to make ends meet. He was spending half his days away from his family all for this worldly thing called "money" so we could just survive. The chains and shackles that our "jobs" have on us are anything but freeing. Living paycheck to paycheck is not fun. And is usually the reason that people lose HOPE.

I have experienced the fact that surviving is different than #LIVING.

I have found HOPE that we can be financially free and the way to receive these financial blessings is to #HELP MORE PEOPLE! Help them become physically fit and healthy, mentally and emotionally strong, all while gaining a stronger belief in the spiritual hope that I have experienced. Balancing these aspects will lead them to financial freedom that will allow them to LIVE live and get out of "survival mode".

If you are ready to step out of survival mode and LIVE with freedom in all aspects of life, I want you to message me! Ask me what it will take and how I can help you!

Spread hope and join us in the #MovementofHOPE

Become a giver of #hope and a receiver of endless #blessings 






Twitter Instagram Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More